In the area of water treatment and sewage sludge recycling, STAG implemented over the past years some pneumatic bulk material conveying and storing projects on behalf of the plant operator “SIAAP” in the Paris region. In this context, our long experience in the handling of dust-explosive bulk products such as dried sewage sludge represented a great advantage.
The dry sewage sludge granulate resulting in the drying plants is transported via a deflector into the pressure conveying vessels. After-wards, it is pneumatically conveyed either in one of the four storage silos or directly into one of the loading silos.
When stored over a longer period, dry sewage sludge tends to overheat and may thus cause fires. To prevent his risk, it must be regularly shifted. For this purpose, a pressure conveying vessel is installed underneath each storage silo, which additionally serves for filling the loading silo.
Applied Main Components
• Two-way diverter
• Pressure conveying vessel (tandem operation)
• Conveying lines including wear-resistant deflectors
• Dry sewage sludge granulate belongs to the explosive substances.
• The safety-related equipment as well as all devices and instruments conform to the applicable regulations and standards regarding the application and handling of combustible dusts. The “ATEX guidelines” have been respected in particular.
• GEREG - OTV - Stéreau
|Systems||Conveying rate||Conveying distance|
|Pneum. conveying from drier to storage silo||2.5 – 4.0 t/h||60 m|
|Pneum. conveying from drier to loading silo||2.5 – 4.0 t/h||70 m|
|Pneum. conveying from storage silo to loading silo||10 – 16 t/h||40 m|
|Pneum. conveying storage silo Recirculation||10 – 16 t/h||35 m|
• Pneumatic transport of dry sewage sludge granulate
• Dense phase conveying lines (Denseflow)
|Bulk Material||Grain size||Moisture content||Bulk density||Temperature||Property|
|Sewage sludge||95 % = 2-8mm||>90%||0.4-0.65 kg/dm³||35-45 °C||abrasive|
In Istanbul, Turkey, the biggest waste-to-energy plant in Europe is being constructed.
Designed for crushing lumps as well as agglomerated material within the bulk material.
In lump breaker applications, the oversize grain is prepared for subsequent pneumatic or mechanical conveying or ensiling procedures.