During the last 20 years, STAG has already supplied, on behalf of Industriellen Werke Basel (IWB), a number of conveying systems for the waste-to-energy plant and the wood-fired power plant integrated therein.
Based on this long and successful partnership, the general contractor again opted for STAG’s high-quality systems to be incorporated into the newly built wood-fired power plant II.
As for the first wood-fired power plant, STAG was entrusted with supplying the storing and conveying facilities for silica sand, the recirculation of the bottom material and the removal of filter ash from the fabric filter. In addition, STAG was charged to set up the slag handling system. A conveyor belt especially designed for this purpose, and including an automated sliding device, ensures a uniform feeding of the containers.
The annual inspections and maintenance work carried out by STAG as well as the supply of wear and spare parts provide for an opti-mum functional safety.
Applied Main Components
• Silica sand silo including equipment and silo feeding line from silo vehicle
• Direct injection of silica sand into boiler from silo vehicle
• Conveying vessel from silica sand silo into boiler
• Conveying vessel from hopper, refeeding into the boiler
• Conveying vessel with collector tank, conveyance from fabric filter into existing ash silo
• Bulk material handling in a wood-fired power plant
• BERTSCHenergy Bludenz GmbH & Co.
|Systems||Conveying rate||Conveying distance|
|Pneumatic transport of fresh sand into boiler||1 t/h||36 m|
|Pneumatic transport of bottom ash (re-circulation)||1.3 t/h||13 m|
|Pneumatic transport fabric filter ash into ash silo||2 t/h||85 m|
- Feeding of fresh silica sand silo from silo vehicle and direct injection into boiler
- Silo system for fresh silica sand
- Conveying vessel transport of fresh silica sand into boiler
- Conveying vessel transport (recirculation) of bottom ash from boiler
- Conveying vessel transport of fabric filter ash into ash silo
- Slag container feeding unit
|Bulk material||Grain size||Moisture content||Bulk density||Temperature||Property|
|Fresh silica sand||0.5-1.2mm||< 1 %||1.4 t/m³||30 °C||abrasive|
|Bottom ash||0.5-1.2mm||< 1 %||1.4 t/m³||350°C||abrasive|
|Fabric filter ash||< 1mm||Trocken||0.8 – 1.4 t/m³||200°C||abrasive|
Designed for crushing lumps as well as agglomerated material within the bulk material.
In lump breaker applications, the oversize grain is prepared for subsequent pneumatic or mechanical conveying or ensiling procedures.
Das Container Handling von STAG ermöglicht ein automatisiertes und staubdichtes Abfüllen von Abrollcontainern. Mit der Verfahr- und Kippstation wird der Container geneigt und damit ein idealer Füllgrad erreicht.
Each year STAG handles around 500 customer orders and achieves satisfied customers around the world. Here too, the focus lies on life-cycle-oriented warehousing as well as the plant availability. The experienced employees of the business area service are happy to answer any questions or suggestio