In 2013, a new waste-to-energy plant has been erected in the heart of Great-Britain, realising thus the 10th plant fitted with STAG systems and components on British soil. Based on the successful cooperation of the renowned Hitachi Zosen Inova company and STAG, we were able to install about one hundred furnace lines.
For the Ferrybridge project, STAG was again in charge of the engineering, supply and commissioning of the handling of bulk material pro-duced in the the boiler ash removal an flue gas cleaning. The approach of combining mechanical and pneumatic conveying technology makes STAG an ideal partner.
All components and systems undergo regular inspection and maintenance carried out by a STAG service team, thus ensuring an optimum operational safety and availability of the plant.
Applied Main Components
• Trough chain conveyor
• Impact mill
• Collector tank
• Pressure conveying vessel
• Push floor
• Butterfly valve
• Active charcoal silo with equipment
• Hydrated lime silo with equipment
• Residue silo with equipment
• Loading facility with filter system
• The configuration of the active charcoal dosing system conforms to the ATEX guidelines.
• Hitachi Zosen Inova, Zürich, Switzerland
• Ferrybridge MFE LTD
|Boiler ash removal 2./3. pass||-||1.0 t/h||16 m|
|Boiler ash removal 4. pass||-||2.0 t/h||14 m|
|Economiser ashes||-||1.0 t/h||90 m|
|Reactor and fabric filter ashes||-||1.0 t/h||140 m|
|Active charcoal||0.002 – 0.02 t/h||-||60 m|
|Hydrated lime||0.1 – 1.0t/h||-||90 m|
- Boiler ash removal 2./3. and 4. train
- Economiser discharge
- Reactor discharge
- Fabric filter ash removal
- Adsorbent handling
- Old adsorbent recirculation
- Hydrated lime storage and dosing
- Silo system
|Bulk material||Grain size||Bulk density||Temperature||Property|
|Boiler ashes 2./3. pass||fine with lumps||0.40 t/m³||650 °C||abrasive|
|Boiler ashes horizontal pass||coarse to fine||0.40 t/m³||400 °C||abrasive|
|Economiser ashes||fine||0.40 t/m³||200 °C||abrasive|
|Reactor and fabric filter ashes||fine with lumps||0.70 t/m³||200 °C||not abrasive|
|Active charcoal||very fine||0.50 t/m³||Umgebung||not abrasive|
|Hydrated lime||very fine||0.45 t/m³||Umgebung||not abrasive|
- The push floor is particularly well suited for poor flowing bulk products or even pasty substances such as sewage sludge.
In 2014, a new waste-to-energy power plant equipped with two lines was built in Vantaa, Finland. The two general contractors for boilers and flue gas cleaning opted for conveying technology made by STAG.
The double-sided sealing turn slide valve has been especially designed for pneumatic conveying as part of the STAG pressure conveying vessel technology. No other system can satisfy the high demands of this application.